[access-uk] ARTICLES FOR THE BLIND RULES

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:57:02 +0100

Hi all,

A few days ago I had a card from the good old Post Office informing me that
there was an item to deliver which would cost £1.42.  I had been in all day and
they hadn't even knocked the door ... so that wasn't a good start!  I decided,
reluctantly, to take the option of putting on stamps to the value required and
posting it back so that the item could be delivered.

This morning I got it!  It was none other than a Braille gas bill, together
with its print equivalent, which I understand was in normal sized print.

Of course, I was immediately a bit mad to have paid £1.42 for a gast bill which
had Articles for the Blind printed on it.

Please could anyone advise on the AFB rules for posting the printed equivalent
along with the Braille?  (As our gas bill has just risen to more than double,
I'm in no mind to be paying out such amounts to receive bills from them right
now!)  I'd be interested in any comments about how to follow this up.

Thanks.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx