[access-uk] Re: A/D AND SKY PLUS

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:17:45 -0000

Andy, doubt if you can get the multi-channel sound via the optical out socket as
I'm almost sure the suround stream cannot be piped in this wayor certainly not
recorded.  All down to heavy protection, and who can really blame them?

There are of course DVD ripping programs that will side step this - and I'm  not
recommending that you take that route.  A lot of the criticism of Vista is that
it is designed to make this sort of thing impossible I believe as well as
greatly restricting the way premium content is played.  Sure we're going to hear
a whole lot more on this.

Me?  Well, I've neither the room or the money these days to experience surround
sound, much as I might like to listen to the remastering in this format of the
likes of Pink Floyd, but, well, there's such a thing as doing without!  Shame
for some of us, isn't it?

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx