[acbny-l] maxi-aids braillers

  • From: "Lori Scharff" <mgodino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <acbny-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 14:45:46 -0400

Hmm! I really question the ethics the 3rd-world country foundation has! If
they are willing to sell a brailler to a company in the United States and
allow their own children to go without... If they are being provided with
braillers at a reduced cost; how/who is providing paper and education on the
use of the braillers? Maybe they had to sell some braillers to purchase
paper and other needed supplies.

makes me think of when powdered milk and baby formula are sent to needy
countries and no clean water is available--or the local folks do not know
what to do with the powder...

Lori