[acbny-l] Maureen on Maxi 052303

  • From: "Mike Godino" <mikeg125@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ACBNY" <acbny-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 15:48:18 -0400

Hi Maureen,
I read your comments about Maxi Aids and chuckled.  Maxi Aids and ILA have been
at each other for years, and right now, ILA is one up on Maxi.  However, the
part I found funny was that the owner operator of ILA was boasting about his
success. Additionally, I noticed you did not mention any of the products that
ILA prices higher than Maxi Aids. (Smile)  Please try to keep in mind the
information came from a rival of Elliott who would love to hang him out to dry.

As for the Braillers, I have heard much about this so called law suit, but to
date I have only heard.  No evidence has ever surfaced.  We as consumers should
be thinking more about our pocket rather than some loyalty to any FOR PROFIT!
business.  If a businessman finds a way to lower the price of a product many of
us use, why should we question that.  As Don stated, if Perkins has a gripe
with anyone, it's the people they sold the braillers to, not Elliott for buying
and reselling them.  He is a businessman, and that's what businessmen do.  The
reason Maxi Aids has been band from convention, is that there is evidence in
Massachusetts: there again no member of ACB has brought this evidence forward.
However, a vote was taken by the board and maxi Aids lost.  Who loses from this
vote? We do, all of us the consumers.  The reason I say this is because if WE
educate ourselves, we would know that different items are cheaper in different
catalogs.  I know that when I need something, I look and price the product
everywhere before I give out my credit card number.  Fact be known, Maxi Aids
was usually the cheapest and that is who received my business.  Personally, I
believe this is all about putting a company out of business, and I feel that no
consumer group should hold a wheeling dealing businessman who gives consumers
the best deal possible accountable for the deals he/she make to save US money.
Remember, no one is forcing any of us to buy from Maxi Aids: it's still a free
country.

Sorry for my ramble but, this all came out in the Monitor over a year ago and
it's my feelings that the Monitor article is the only evidence anybody has.
And we all know the NFB leadership would rather Maxi Aids be out of the
business they are competing for.

Mike

              1