[3ddesktop-dev] My turtle smokes 3ddesk

  • From: Brett Campbell <brett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 3ddesktop-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:21:43 -0700

Hey sorry 'bout the lame post, but 3ddesktop seems to be unusable when i have
two or more desktops loaded into the pager.  Unusable in that it's pretttty
darn slow.

I will have all my workspaces full of windows, but the pager only shows
whomever's content that i *call* 3ddesk from... iow, i have to run 3ddesk from
each workspace to have its contents show up in the pager (on a 'zoom out').

Now, this slow behavior may be due to the fact that i'm running X at such a
towering resolution.  Is this sort of thing only feasible for those who run at
800x600 or 1024x768?  The TFT panel on my laptop works best at 1400x1050.
Problem? :-)

Basically, when there is only one desktop loaded into the pager, it works so
smoothly.  It's a truly beautiful thing.  As soon as i get the content from
another stuck in there... bog, bog, blah.

Thanks for any advice.

lion-O
--
Brett Ryan Campbell
Systems Administrator, CAD Research Center