[3ddesktop-dev] Re: Radeon 7500 mobile

  • From: Brett Campbell <brett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 3ddesktop-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:27:02 -0700

Hey.. found a fix for the radeon thing a few weeks ago!! (sorry for the lame
delay in reply; been real busy)  Apparently there is just one little thing
overlooked (for the architecture of my laptop at least)...

brett@ThinkBox % cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep flags
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm

Hmm... i don't see anything about AMD or 3dnow or 3dnowext.  I have a Pentium4
chip.  So there's one little (or huge, rather) environment variable that i
found out about called MESA_NO_3DNOW.  Hmm, guess what?  I `export
MESA_NO_3DNOW='Y'` and all my opengl problems (which are illegal hw
instructions) just seem to... *disappear*  Yay!

So i was hoping that this little flag may help some other radeon/mesa users who
have seen similar problems and been unable to use any opengl apps.

HTH,

lion-O