[24hoursupport] Constant drop outs

  • From: "Craig Humphrie" <denhum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 21:21:26 +1000

Hi all

I have been experiencing a need to constantly reboot my computer in the last 6
weeks.
I am running 98 se on a HP6501 446mhz with a 4.1 gb hd.

I am connected to the net through a cable modem.
I use IE and Outlook express!
I have changed firewalls on advice from my isp and now run Mcafee personal
firewall.
 I am now advised that I may have to undertake a complete re install!
Also on occasions the screen locks and I again have to reboot.  also at times I
go to launch the browser and an error message states that another em
application is running yet that there  is nothing on the screen.

Has anyone got any advice?

Thanks

Craig h

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at