[1stPickSoftware] Re: Index.dat Suite 2.7.3

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:46:40 -0800

Hi Jeremy,
the index.dat is a component of the cookies which is not deleted by normal
cleaning.

Many poeple are worried that information of a personal nature may be in
there.

See; Deleting Index.dat--What is index.dat? How to delete index.dat ......
www.acesoft.net/delete_index.dat_files.htm

mike the mod
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 1/18/2005 at 11:54 PM Jeremy Harrison wrote:

A question which comes out of this (and isn't
obviously answered by the web-site) - why should I
want it? - i.e. what's an index.dat file and why might
I want to get rid of them?

Jeremy

http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=Products&p=index.datsuite