[1stPickPCHelp] Re: I.E. title bar

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:20:03 -0800

Hi Debra,
this page proviedes the instructions for removing branding;
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/faqs/how.htm#debrand
Removing the branding requires that you edit the registry.

In Regedit, navigate to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    \Identities
        \{GUID}
            \Software
                \Microsoft
                    \Outlook Express
                        \5.0

In the right-hand pane, right-click on the value WindowTitle and then click
Delete. Or click on Modify and enter the title of your choice.
To remove the branding from IE, navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    \Software
        \Microsoft
            \Internet Explorer
                \Main

In the right-hand pane, right-click on the value Window Title (note the
blank space) and then click Delete. Or click on Modify and enter the title
of your choice. If the value Window Title does not appear, check under this
key instead:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    \Software
        \Microsoft
            \Internet Explorer
                \Main

To remove the custom logo from IE, navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    \Software
        \Microsoft
            \Internet Explorer
                \Toolbar

In the right-hand pane, right-click on BrandBitmap and click Delete, then do
the same for SmBrandBitmap. As in Step 4, if those values do not exist,
check under this key instead:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    \Software
        \Microsoft
            \Internet Explorer
                \Toolbar
_______________________________________

Be sure to backup your registy before editing!
Just in case;>)
Be sure to back up your registry before making any changes!
Click Start, and select Run, then type in MSCONFIG and click OK.
In the 'General' tag, click 'Create Backup'.

See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techsupportalliance/

On 28/02/2003 at 7:32 PM Debra Taylor wrote:

My previous I.P. (dial-up) did not add anything to my I.E. title bar...it
just said, "Microsoft Internet Explorer."  After I switched to DSL, my I.E.
title bar states "Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sympatico"  This
creates extra typing for me for my pop-up remover, because I have to type to
whole title bar message in.

Thank you for your replies.  I'm not an advanced user, so I'm not going to
change my registry settings, even if I did know what to do.  Guess I'll just
have to put up with the pop-up's...

Debra

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the