[1stPickPCHelp] Re: I.E. title bar

  • From: "jembie" <jembie10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:10:12 -0000

Hi I have 2 problems that I have been putting up with for a while but
wondered if anyone had a solution.

The first is when I re-boot, windows always tells me it has found new
hardware. It says it has found PCI multimedia Audio hardware. When I first
got this message I went through the steps and offered my soundcard drivers
but it said it couldn't find the software needed.
I have a Creative SoundBlaster PCI128 card and this is all installed
properly. I have also tried updating the drivers from the website but I
still get this message whenever I start up and what ever I do, it says it
can't find the software required to install this hardware.

I have Windows 98SE installed on a P2 750mhz system with 128mbram
 The only other PCI cards installed are my Video card which is NVIDIA
Geforce2 and an old 56k modem.

My second problem is also at start up. I have just had a cable modem
installed and I keep getting asked for a password for Microsoft networking.
This is a standalone PC with no network and it hasn't previously asked me
for a password. AT the moment I just click OK and it carries on but this
means that I have to sit there and wait for this box to come up as well as
the one from the previous problem and I can't switch on then go and do
something else while it boots up.
I had broadband previously with AOL and never had this problem then.

Thanks,

Jen
Check out my EBAY auctions
http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/jembiekids