[opendtv] First test of new LG 5th gen receiver

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 20:02:19 -0400

Well I put this new LG 5th gen based prototype to the test in my
apartment today. They have been working with LG to get it to work like
the LG prototype from last summer. I received it one hour after a phone
call telling me it was coming. They seem to be real up on this one.

Received seven physical channels with a dual bow tie aimed at the Empire
State Building 40 some blocks away.

2-1     56 at 100%
4-1     28 at 100%
4-2
5-1     44 at 91 - 100%
5-2
7-1     45 at 100%
7-2
9-1     38 at 97 - 100%
9-2
11-1   33 at 100%
11-2
41-1   40 at 100%

Should I receive any other channels?

The above are all rock solid similar to the first 5th gen receiver.
Starting to feel optimistic again.

Again pics at
http://public.fotki.com/robmx/5th_generation_test/

Next stop Mark's apartment if he is up to it and other known difficult
spots.

If this is indeed the same as the first receiver and you want one or
more than one or know anyone who wants one send me and have your friend
send me an email to that affect. I will collect all such pleas on to
this company in bulk (if there is a bulk) to influence them to make this
thing.

They are sort of on the fence. I think I can tip them into immediate
production. If so maybe we can get an initial bulk order together.

Bob Miller