[openbeos] VMware driver/accelerant

  • From: Eric Petit <titer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 04:48:25 +0100

 Hi,

I've started to work on a VMware graphic driver for BeOS/Haiku. It's basically working now, I can't say it's noticeably faster than VESA (it only implements RECT_BLIT) but it's nice being able to use any resolution (and without rebooting). Cursor is implemented as well, but disabled for now since it's a bit buggy.

 I uploaded a tarball there: http://lapsus.org/~titer/vmware-driver.tar.gz
 Mandatory screenshot:  http://lapsus.org/~titer/vmware-driver.png

It'd be nice if someone could take the time and include it in Haiku - this is my first driver ever, someone more experienced should have a look ;). It's based on Be's sample driver and parts of my code are inspired by the X.org driver, all this should be MIT-compatible (?).

 Let me know what you think / whether it works for you, thanks!

--
Eric