[zxspectrum] Fw: SymbOS

  • From: "Stefano" <flydream@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zxspectrum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 13:05:01 +0100

vi ricordate il post riguardo SymbOS?
http://www.symbos.de/
ecco la risposta dell'autore:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jörn Mika" <jmika@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Stefano" <flydream@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 12:25 PM
Subject: AW: SymbOS

Hi Stefano,

Sorry for this very late answer, somehow your email got lost first. Thanx for
your interest in SymbOS. I think a Spectrum port would only be possible for the
Spectrum +3 because of the memory bank switching requirements. Even the Sam
Coupe wont be able to handle it completely because of its 32k block limitation.
On the other hand I wonder if a new memory expansion would be possible for all
Spectrums, which is able to provide the required bank switching possibilities.
The memory is always the most important thing for a port (beside the Cpu of
course ;-).
But Doors is already a very great Windows OS and it is perfectly designed for
the Spectrum graphic. So I am not sure, if SymbOS would make sense?

Cu,
Prodatron