[zxspectrum] Ecco la risposta

  • From: "Stefano" <flydream@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zxspectrum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:11:45 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: <laesq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2004 10:39 AM
Subject: RE: Messaggio dal sito - divIDE

Hi,

Shame about the boards, I have now asked Zilog and he will get some made as
they only cost him 6euros (maybe less) for the boards. But the company takes 3
weeks to return the boards.

As for the OS, it will something very special, but we want to keep it a secret
as it really will be a great thing for speccy. Most of our special features
which we wish to include in it are already tested on other disk systems, so we
know what can be done.

The main goal of the OS is to use something like FAT16 or FAT32 for devices.
This will allow easy xfer of pc based files if using CF cards. Also it is a
well documented system, so life should be easy for making the OS complete. But
it will also be pseudo-multitasking system using hard disk as pagefile storage
type area.

Trust me, it's gonna be big :) But as you see, without boards, this great OS
will just stay as some half written code :(

I must ask you NOT to tell anyone about this as it's very much TOP SECRET :)
... If you want to be kept informed by the developement of the OS, I can send
you emails about and maybe even you can become a beta-tester for it :) Also I
ask you not to tell anyone as things could go wrong somewhere along the line
and the OS not get made. And all divIDE users will be annoyed :(

Just out of interest, did you make your board, or did you get some company to
produce the board? If you got a company to make it, how much did it cost and
what is the company name?

Yours,

LaesQ