[ztebladeopensource] Re: AOSP modifiications

  • From: Tom Giordano <tomgiordano83@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 18:56:29 -0400

Fonix,

The needed libsurfaceflinger changes are in my code (it is very simple). I
will try to get something up on github today. I hope to have the ril code
sorted out soon (I haven't had time to work on it this week).

Tom.

On 23/12/2010 9:02 AM, "József Király" <fonix232@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi there!

First of all, I would be the so called fonix232 (thank you Robert for
inviting and introducing me! Very much appreciated!).

My first question would be: Could you please share the modifications to the
original AOSP build?
Before you think I'm crazy, I am not asking for the custom applications'
source code! All I want is the list of modifications what should be applied
to an AOSP branch to make it running on the ZTE Blade.
This would include the framework changes to make RIL compatible, the
modifications to libsurfaceflinger, or anything else what is needed to run
AOSP on a Blade.

I see great potential in the Blade, as even if it is made cheap, a low-cost
device, it is still almost in the top category, and one of the most famous
phones. It has great price, great potential, huge community, and if we,
users, modders, developers work together with you, device manufacturers, we
can create not just a perfect device, but the perfect system for it! Because
I assure you, you did a perfect job on the Blade, but working together, and
creating a community driven OS is what our goal should be.
And also, do not forget, we work to improve the device too! We want more
things to be available, like the recently built USB host support kernel, or
the customized ROMs.

So, I hope, you understand my point, and share the needed information, so we
can create an AOSP build with only the most needed modifications!

Thank you very much:
fonix232