[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: installation error

  • From: me <malcolm1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 16:55:43 +1300

Hi,
I have been able to compile wxlua-2.8.10 OK. For the moment, I am just using this for zerobrane.
It seems to work OK but I haven't tested it particularly fully.
I'll look at it in more detail when the next version of Debian stable is released.
Malcolm

On 06/02/13 20:02, Paul K wrote:
Hi Malcolm,

particularly, I think the failed libc6 dependency is a problem. Squeeze has
2.11.3.4 and wheezy will still only be 2.13.37
Is there some other way to install it?
Unfortunately I don't have deb packages for older versions of Debian
or Ubuntu. You can definitely try to compile wxlua from source
(configure; make; make install) and if successful, you should be able
to run ZBS without any modifications. Essentially, as long as you can
do "require 'wx'" and "require 'socket'", you should be able to run
ZeroBrane Studio.

Paul.

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM, me <malcolm1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am running Debian squeeze amd64 and the install script fails.

$ ./install.sh
Installing ZeroBrane Studio ...

you may be prompted for sudo access here:
[sudo] password for malcolm:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Building data structures... Done
Building data structures... Done
This package is uninstallable
Dependency is not satisfiable: libc6 (>= 2.14)

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Building data structures... Done
Building data structures... Done
This package is uninstallable
Dependency is not satisfiable: wxlua28

Adding ZeroBrane Studio PPA...
sudo: add-apt-repository: command not found

Cleaning up...
Done! (press Enter to exit)