[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Wierd error

  • From: Rob Probin <rob.probin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 22:24:17 +0100

require('mobdebug')._VERSION
0.5511

I'll copy a new one across from  my ZBS and give it another go...

On 28/09/2014 22:20, Paul K wrote:
Hi Rob,

I'm pretty sure I didn't get this 'before' ... my project has mobdebug.lua in
it and that hasn't changed in forever (git says     7 months ago with the
latest version) ... but I've updated my ZBS from git 'a number of weeks ago'
... could this be the problem?
That's a bit strange; I would only expect to see something like this
if you use a version of mobdebug in your application that doesn't
support 'done' command that was added in Mobdebug v0.56. Also, the
'done' command is only sent when you use `Project | Detach Process`
command or the toolbar button on the right side of Stop; the IDE
doesn't send this command in any other case.

So, to trigger this error I can only think of one sequence of steps:
(1) you have an old mobdebug in the application and (2) you issue
'done' command from the IDE, which triggers this error. Can you check
what version of mobdebug you have in the application? You can type
"require('mobdebug')._VERSION" into Remote console after you start
debugging.

If you indeed using the old version of mobdebug in the application,
you can continue using it as all the other commands are compatible,
just avoid using 'done' command with it.

If you use the same version on both sides and it's 0.56 or later, then
I need the exact steps to reproduce as I can't trigger this error in
normal circumstances.

Paul.

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Rob Probin<rob.probin@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hello,

I hit the breakpoint, but when I press continue I get this and never hit the
next breakpoint:

Debugger error: unexpected response after 'done'
Debugging session completed (traced 1 instruction).

I'm pretty sure I didn't get this 'before' ... my project has mobdebug.lua
in it and that hasn't changed in forever (git says     7 months ago with the
latest version) ... but I've updated my ZBS from git 'a number of weeks ago'
... could this be the problem?

BFN
Rob