[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Step In , Step Out in LUA

  • From: Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 15:14:59 -0800

Hi Lucas,

> I would ask only one more thing, mobDebug is a library aside, there is a way
> I can only use this function'' step in'' on a button that I have in my
> interface without me having to redeploy it?

No, you can't really extract "step in" function from mobdebug without
getting some other code that is responsible for what I describe
earlier.

> My entire interface was built in WxLua and I have a button called '' step
> in'' and I need him to do just that, run command lines starting from a hook.

It depends on how you interact with your application and debugger. In
my case, my wxlua-based IDE launches the application as a separate
process, so when "step in" command is executed it gets to the debugger
that stops the application and waits for next command from the IDE
(and that's how the application is kept in the "suspended" state).

I'm not sure what your current design is, but it's very likely that
more code will be required to implement your "step in" command.

I've seen debuggers that run in the same process, so they won't
require socket communication and may work better with your case (I
haven't used them myself). Here is one that you may want to check:
https://github.com/slembcke/debugger.lua

Paul.