[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Keyboard mapping error: attempt to index local 'G' (a nil value)

  • From: Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 10:22:56 -0800

Hi Tom,

Using Escape is tricky as a menu shortcut, so even though it doesn't
work in your case because of the error, it may not work even without
the error. Both Alt-Escape and Ctrl-Escape are handled by Windows
itself and I couldn't get Escape to work either even though it shows
up in the menu item description.

> C:/portable/ZeroBrane Studio/cfg/user.lua:8: attempt to index local 'G' (a
> nil value)
> stack traceback:
> C:/portable/ZeroBrane Studio/cfg/user.lua: in main chunk

Everything looks correct and I don't see what may contribute to the
error you get. Can you show the lines you have before the two lines
you showed in user.lua? Can you remove everything except those two
lines and see if that fixes the issue?

Also, it's a bit strange that you got this error only after you ran
the script; the errors in config files should be reported right when
the IDE is started.

Paul.