[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Debugging causes crash in Lua 5.3

  • From: Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 22:10:21 -0700

Hi Milind,

I am using Lua 5.3 and I started to debug 1 script and I notice
something very strange. When I enter the debug mode lua crashes immediately
for script 1 but runs fine for script 2. The only difference between the
scripts is the comment section. For script 1 after crash it says compilation
error. But doing a compile it says its fine.

This is indeed strange. I just tried on my Windows machine, but both
of those files run fine with the packaged Lua 5.3 interpreter (at
least until require("iuplua") call).

Couple of questions: do you start debugging from the IDE or externally
(using Lua 5.3 that doesn't ship with ZBS)? What OS are you running on
(I assume it's Windows, but what version)? Does the script work when
you Run it (instead of Debug)? Does the script print anything at all
before crashing or does it crash immediately?

If you do external debugging (the application is started outside of
ZBS), can you enable verbose debugging (debugger.verbose = true) and
include the output for the run that ends with the crash? You can
sanitize the output or email off-list if there is any sensitive
information.

I don't see you doing anything wrong with the scripts (or you setup),
but at this point I can't think of what may be causing the results you
see.

Paul.