[yunqa.de] uniqueidentifier column type

  • From: "Mike Williams" <MikeW@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:24:46 -0500

I've created a SQLite table with a uniqueidentifier column (GUID).  Both
SQLiteSpy and SQLite3.exe can properly display the uniqueidentifier
column.  However, the sqlite3_affinity16 function in DISQLite3Api.pas
improperly defaults this field type to afNumeric because it doesn't
understand the 'uniqueidentifier' data type (it handles blob, char,
clob??, float, double, int, real and text) . This makes the
TDISQLite3UniDirQuery return a value of 0 for this column type.  As a
workaround I can declare the column as text but it seems to me that
either uniqueidentifier should be handled properly or the default data
type for unknown field types should be something other than numeric
(text seems like a more obvious default).

-Mike