[yunqa.de] Re: TDISQLite3Statement memory leak?

  • From: "Clyde" <clyde@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 19:20:25 +0800

>Clyde England wrote:
>
>without further testing: Replace
>
>  stmt.close;
>
>with
>
>  stmt.free;

Yes, as per my oroiginal post I already did this. Please see my comment that
reads "Interestingly if I substitute stmt.close with stmt.free I don't get the
memory leak, but I have never seen any examples that explicitly call the free
method like this and am concerned this may cause other issues"

So can you please elaborate on:

1. Are there any known issues with using the free method rather than close
2. Everthing I have in these lists seems to refer to the close method, so
shouldn't that be the correct way to finalyze things and clean up memory?

Thanks
Clyde