[yunqa.de] Re: Search & Replace using REGEXP in SQLiteSpy?

  • From: Tom Holden <ve3meo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 13:29:20 -0500

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 2:44 AM, Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The REGEXP operator can not do string replacements based on regular
> expression. This is why there are no examples. ;-)
>
> AFAIK, the only string replacement function in SQLite is replace(),
> documented here:
>
> [3] http://www.sqlite.org/lang_corefunc.html
>
> Ralf

Thanks for the fast answer, Ralf. I will have to content myself with
replace(), then. While it is fairly powerful, it would be nice if it
supported regular expression search and replace.

So I guess I would need to use a higher level language such as PERL to carry
out regular expression search & replace on an SQLite database.

Tom