[yunqa.de] RegEx.Match Access Violation

  • From: Jim Bretti <jim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 15:17:20 -0400

Hi,

I need some help with another access violation raised when calling DIPerlRegEx.Match.  The problem seems to be related to the character à (code point xE0) appearing in the subject string,  with compile option coUTF8 set.

The subject string is attached separately, I reduced it as much as I could but it is still several paragraphs.  I reduced the customer's regular _expression_ to: \s?xxx\s

So with this regular _expression_, and the attached subject string, the call to 'Match' below fails:

      If CbxUTF8.Checked then
        RE.CompileOptions := RE.CompileOptions + [coUtf8];

      RE.SetSubjectStr( StrEncodeUtf8( TntMemo1.Text ) );
      RE.CompileMatchPattern( StrEncodeUtf8( Trim( TntEdit1.Text ) ) );

      If RE.Match > 0 then

The access violation is avoided by excluding the coUTF8 option, or replacing the"
à" character in the first line of the subject with some other ascii character.

Sample delphi 7 project is attached ... thanks for any help !!

Jim

Arsenal reject £29m Fàbregas bid
Film

How to remove a Grease stain
A few things are missing from the Grease re-release. Stuart Heritage wonders
where they've gone
Digested watch: The Book of Eli
Sport

Stosur stuns Serena with victory
Samantha Stosur today added a second modern great to her list of French Open
scalps after an epic win over Serena Williams
Television & radio

Britain's Got Talent: third semi-final
Impressionist Paul Burling and singer Christopher Stone - forever to be known
as the 'shy, balding, accountant' - make it through
Most viewed on guardian.co.uk
1  Cumbria shootings - as the day unfolded
2  Twelve killed in Cumbria shooting spree
3  Live blog: David Cameron's first PMQs as prime minister
4  Israel releases Gaza flotilla activists - as it happened
5  Sarah Ferguson on Oprah: the duchess, the debts and the TV diva
More top stories

Editors' picks
Peter Gabriel Interview Peter Gabriel
The pop star on his bleak album of cover versions
Al and Tipper Gore Al and Tipper The Gore story
They were seen as the perfect US couple. Where did it go wrong?