[yunqa.de] Re: Read/Write compressed streams

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 16:43:51 +0200

Rolf Lampa wrote:

>Q1: Do you have a "bundle price" for your code libraries, kind of like
>"DISuite"? It seems like several of your libraries would be very useful in my
>project(s) (tools for data manipulation of MW data).

There are no fixed bundles. Please contact my via private e-mail so we can work
something out.

>Q2: Has anyone made a persistence adapter for SQLite for Bold?

I do not know of any.

>Q3: I use TPerlRegEx some in my app, but it's slow and it lacks support for
>unicode. What is your comment on speed compared to TPerlRegEx

I never compared the speed of DIRegEx to the product you mention and have no
intention to do so. Independent of that, I do take great care that DIRegEx is
as fast as possible. Reports that this is not so have not yet come in.

>and unicode support,

Unicode support is provided via UTF-8: Set the coUtf8 compile option and pass /
retrieve all strings as UTF-8 encoded.

>regarding the amounts of data to process in the worst case scenario enwiki...?

DIRegEx by default "studies" the pattern to speed up performance on large
subject strings if possible. But still, regular expressions my not be the ideal
tool for MediaWiki processing as the Wiki syntax might require rather
complitated and hence time-consuming patterns (multiple branches, repetitions,
etc.). If you decide on regex Wiki parsing, be carefull about your pattern
design and avoid the pitfalls mentioned in the pattern help. Otherwise a
hand-crafted parser will likely be the faster option.