[yunqa.de] Re: Quick CSV import?

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 08:12:20 +0100

On 05.11.2010 04:24, Alexandre Velinot wrote:

> My goal is to load big csv datafile into an sqlite3 database.
> Is there faster to use a CSV dataset (like TJvCsvDataset) or staying
> with DIUnicode (my actual working solution to put CSV data into SQLite3
> Database)

Yes, CSV datasets can slow down considerably on very large CSV files due
to high memory requirements.

So if you are already using TDICsvParser from my DIUnicode package, then
I believe this should be one of the fastest ways to import CSV into
SQLite databases with Delphi.

The TDICsvParser approach usually requires a little more coding than the
CSV-dataset + TDISQLite3DataSetImporter combination, but it should scale
much better on huge files. In addition, you gain full Unicode and
character-set support as well as more flexibility in general.