[yunqa.de] Re: Password not working on DISQLite3 personal edition

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:22:08 +0100

At 18:34 10.12.2009, Sérgio Trindade wrote:

>I'm using the latest version of DISQLite3 (v2.1.2) personal edition on Delphi
>7 and have the following issue: the internal routines only distinguish from
>having *NO* password set and having *ANY* password, i.e.:

*DISQLite3 Personal* supports a single password only (see
http://www.yunqa.de/delphi/doku.php/products/sqlite3/feature_chart). This
password is 'personal' and is statically built into the library. It can not be
changed. It can only be switched on and off. Pass any non-empty string to
sqlite_key() to turn it on, or an empty string to turn it off.

*DISQLite3 Pro* has no restrictions on passwords. Different strings passed to
sqlite3_key() will result in differently encrypted databases.

This is documented in the DISQLite3 Help's sqlite3_key() topic.

>* If I create a database with NO password and try to open it with ANY
>password, e.g. ?123?, Database.Open correctly fails;

Correct.

>* If I create a database with password ?123? and try to open it with NO
>password, Database.Open correctly fails;

Correct.

>* If I create a database with password ?123? and try to open it with password
>?456?, Database.Open incorrectly succeeds!

You are right for DISQLite3 Pro (any password), but this is the expected for
DISQLite3 Personal (single password only).

Read the same file with DISQLite3 Pro (or SQLiteSpy) and it will open only with
the password set to 'personal'.