[yunqa.de] Re: Error 21 - Library routine called out of sequence

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 08:20:05 +0200

On 06.10.2010 01:40, Luc Comeau wrote:

> My program was working great until I added a thread to it.  This
> thread is passed the TDISQLite3Database variable that is used in the
> main part of the program.  When I start the thread where it is
> accessing the SQL database, and the main part of the program is also
> accessing the SQL database, I get "error 21 - Library routine called
> out of sequence".
>
> I understood that I should be able to use the same TDISQLite3Database
> connection in multiple threads.
>
> Any solutions to this error?

This is hared for me to tell unless I'd see your code and debug it.

Error 21 usually occurs if you reuse a statement which has not yet been
finalized or reset. It is best to use the a single statement per thread.
Then Make sure to call sqlite3_finalize() when done or sqlite3_reset()
before you reuse it.