[yunqa.de] DIXml V1.0 Trial: progress "events" during file load and doc parsing

  • From: "Adam Russell" <adamr99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 18:58:18 +1000

Hi Ralph,

in loading and parsing large files I would like to interact with my
application to provide progress indicators.

In a component-type model, I'd use a TNotify event in the component
(MS XML has several) to callout my UI updating - but we're not using a
component model.

the only callbacks I can find relate to reading / writing etc not to
parsing  - I suppose I could kludge someting in the file-related
events, but its not very .... nice.

is there a type of event structure, or other callback that I'm missing
that would give me meaningful progress events as follows:

- during file save and load; and
- during node parseing in a document

thanks and regards,
a.