[yunqa.de] Re: BLOB field is incorrectly being written into DB and truncated by BindDataSet - FIXED.

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 01:25:02 +0200

At 21:42 18.06.2009, Jone Word wrote:

> I'm writing concerning this old bug with BLOB field that was being
>incorrectly written
>into database. I'm sorry to report that the new, (fixed by Ralf)
>BindDataSet function is
>causing a new error. My solution for fixing this problem doesn't cause
>this type of an error.
>I can't tell why, because I still don't have enough time.

When you find the time, could you please tell me more about the problem so it
can be fixed?

>The error is appearing when you have a blob field in the table
>together with a field that
>is not physically presented in DB, but rather it's generated dynamically
>(something like WHEN ... THEN ....clause). So when this field is being post
>into
>the table by ApplyUpdates - the "no such column" error is being fired.
>It's only being
>fired in the newer versions of BindDataSet that deal with BLOB problem.

TDataSetProvider can not update all queries, and CASE clauses are especially
likely to cause problems. Use the TDISQLite3UniDirQuery.ModifySql to specify
your update statement.

If you still experience difficulties, please send a short code example for me
to reproduce.