[yshavurah] hebrew lessons

  • From: toni dosik <tdosik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Havurah <yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:18:27 -0500

Dear all,

As many of you know, a number of us have been studying Hebrew together on
Sunday afternoons.

We have decided to make a change in the time/day for a number of reasons and
to use our own internal skills -- rather than an "outside" teacher -- to
move us forward.

We will continue to organize ourselves by level of reading, more or less
beginner/intermediate, and expert which seems to be the levels that most of
us are at.

We will hold hold the classes at my house on Tuesday evenings at 7:30:  315
Kingsfield Court. The sessions will last about 1 hour and will use the
textbook many of us are familiar with and have used in the past:  Prayerbook
Hebrew the Easy Way, 3rd edition.  Earlier editions are available at Amazon
and they are basically the same, if you want to purchase one of them.  I
will also make copies of Chapter 3 for those who don't have the book (yet).

We have decided to arbitrarily start at Chapter 3 as a way of reaching the
largest number of us who are not quite beginners, but certainly not experts
and move forward from there.

The focus is in reading ability mostly with understanding a close second.

We hope this will be a way or more of you to join the 6 of us who started a
few weeks ago and that this will be easier and a better time.

Call me at 2324 or email me if you want more information.

One last thing.  It is very exciting to learn a new language, particularly
one that we all see/use but don't read/understand.  It is like opening a
door.  And doing it together turns out to be fun!

Toni