[yshavurah] Weekly events notice

  • From: "Johanna" <rebiljoj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "yellow springs havurah" <yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 14:37:58 -0500

 THIS WEEK'S EVENTS:

  Thursday, January 9, 7:30 PM
     Steering Committee meeting
         Proposed agenda:
             Discussions with R. Burstein
             Timing for application of funding for events
             Newsletter
             Grant applications
             Web site update
             Listserve privacy
             High Holiday Planning

Friday, Night, January 10, 6 PM,
     Shabbat Pot Luck at the Zaremsky/Burkholder home.

*Friday, January 10, 7:30-11:30, Moving Arts Center
    Fundraising dance for the Katz-Stein family

(*Ordinarily this would not be posted because it is not a havurah event, it
conflicts with our scheduled Shabbat pot luck,  and it breaches the traditional
observance of Shabbat.  All that being said, given the continuing tribulations
of the Katz-Stein family, it seemed reasonable to inform our havurah community
of this event.)

Saturday, January 11, 10:00 AM, Rockford Chapel
     Shabbat Services with Rabbi Gevirtz
        Kiddush lunch sponsored by Bill, Johanna and Rebecca Smith in Honor
        of Johanna's birthday and in Memory of William Smith, Jr.; Bebe Gross
        Perlberg; Dora Gross; and Pam Gunter.

Wednesday, January, 15, 3:30, Smith's house
    Talmidim Tu B'shvat seder  (for more information, please call Johanna
767-2311)

 NEXT WEEK'S EVENTS

 Saturday, January 18, 4:30-6
     Tu B'Shvat Seder,  be announced

Sunday, January 19,
    Study session with Rabbi Gevirtz

Monday, January 20, event to be announced
    Men's Group

FUTURE EVENTS

Saturday, February 1, 10 AM, Rockford Chapel
     Shabbat Services with Rabbi Gevirtz

 Monday, February 3, 7:30, Johanna Smith's house
     Rosh Hodesh

Thursday, February 14, 7:30,
    Steering Committee meeting

Monday, February 17, Men's Group

 That's all for now. As always, if there are any additions or corrections,
 please feel free to chime in and let us know.  Shabbat Shalom.

 Johanna