[yshavurah] Shabbat "field-trip" next week

  • From: Jay Rothman <jrothman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 15:32:30 -0500

Dear Haverim, at our last shabbat service, we agreed to take a field trip to
the Ohio State Hillel for our next service on December 13th. A few of us
went a few weeks back and found their song-filled, renewal infused service
quite inspiring (and their prayer book is very friendly with almost
everything transliterated). I have spoken with the rabbi who is happy to
welcome us ("5 or 15 of you"). Moreover, they have a student guitar playing
song-leader who is quite wonderful and the Rabbi is arranging for him to
come a bit before services to teach us the songs they sing (they are quite
beautiful and easy to pick up and I believe they will easily blend in to our
repertoire).

So, for those interested, we will meet at the OSU Hillel at 9:30 next
Shabbat.

Here are driving directions:

70 to downtown to 71 to 11th Avenue (turn left/west)  past fairgrounds , go
under Railroad  tracks turn right immediately and follow it as it bends left
on Chittendon go right on High Street to 17th avenue (see huntington Bank on
corner) go right, and then right again in to first alley and then turn left
in to hillel parking lot (address is 46 East 16th).

Shabbat Shalom,

Jay

------ End of Forwarded Message