[yshavurah] Service leaders and D'var Torah needed!

  • From: "Suzanne A. Smailes" <ag348@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:45:58 -0500 (EST)

Shalom, everyone-

As always, we need people to volunteer to lead services or do a d'var Torah
for our Sat morning services (every first and third Sat of the month). The
field is wide open, so let me know when you would like to lead a service.

The Torah portions for the month of Feb are:

Feb. 3rd: Exodus 14:26-17:16; we will be chanting Ex. 15:22-16:10.  This is
the crossing of the Sea of Reeds, so, if you've never done a d'var Torah
before, maybe you would like to do this one! Hint, hint.

For services on Feb. 17th, the Torah portion is Exodus 23:20-30:16; we will be
chanting Ex. 24:7-24:18. Moses, Aaron, Nadab and Abihu along with 70 elders
see God (what?? See God?? How can this be possible?? Not only do they behold
God, they eat and drink, too??!!)

And, of course, we will need people for March (and April, and May...), so,
whenever you would like to volunteer, I will be more than happy to reserve the
day for you!

Have a good week,

Suzanne