[yshavurah] Fwd: MAIL-HAVURAH digest 845

  • From: Clevineys@xxxxxxx
  • To: yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:44:33 EST

This is nicely done-
-c

Date: Wed,  6 Mar 2002 00:10:13 EST
Sender: owner-mail-havurah@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: MAIL-HAVURAH digest 845

                MAIL-HAVURAH Digest 845

Topics covered in this issue include:

  1)  Synagogue E-mail guidelines
    by Joyce Romoff <joyceromoff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  2)  Re: MAIL-HAVURAH digest 844
    by Diligen@xxxxxx
  3)  A Spiritual Orientation to Synagogue Worship
    by Yitzhak Buxbaum <yitzhak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: Joyce Romoff <joyceromoff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [MAIL-HAVURAH:3952] Synagogue E-mail guidelines
Date: Tue,  5 Mar 2002 23:57:07 EST

New topic:
Our synagogue is beginning to do a lot of communication by e-mail. Some of
our members are annoyed at the amount and nature of e-mail communications.
We have a Yahoo group that permits us to send e-mails to everyone with an
e-mail address at the same time. Do any of you have guidelines out there
that you'd be willing to share regarding when/whether e-mail should be used.
I'd appreciate any help.
Regards,
Joyce Romoff
  -----

------------------------------
From: Diligen@xxxxxx
Subject: [MAIL-HAVURAH:3953] Re: MAIL-HAVURAH digest 844
Date: Wed,  6 Mar 2002 00:00:38 EST

--part1_111.e419432.29b4cfc1_boundary

Please post this reply to Arthur (#844)

Dear Chevre:
=20
In mail-havurah 844 Arthur wrote:

=E2=80=9CI think that Danny Pearl joins an amazing honor roll of Jewish
martyrs of the past generation who were killed not because they were Jews,
but because they were acting upon profound Jewish values

Well, maybe.  Perhaps his murder had something more to do with his identity
(as an American and a Jew with Israeli connections) than it did with his
values, however lofty. Even if he was merely a reporter
trying to get a story rather than a larger-than-life Saint on a Mission to
End Terror or somesuch, his murder should arouse our heartbreak and outrage.
  Why do we have to transform him into some kind of exemplar/mythical
figure?

Arthur further writes:

This a new pathof Kiddush hashem -- making holy God's Name -- well
befitting a new world in which Judaism stands alongside and with other paths
of decency and holiness.

Well, I'm glad that Judaism finally got with the program! Seriously,
  I see no evidence of this new world just yet.  Dear Arthur,
may it come speedily and in our day.
Kol Tuv,
Mosh

From: Yitzhak Buxbaum <yitzhak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [MAIL-HAVURAH:3954] A Spiritual Orientation to Synagogue Worship
Date: Wed,  6 Mar 2002 00:10:07 EST

--------------FC584E01257FF59417277921

[...]

End of MAIL-HAVURAH Digest 845

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network  http://shamash.org
A service of Hebrew College, offering online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/