[yshavurah] From Abi about Dan

  • From: "Daniel Katz-Stein" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <abi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 00:28:32 -0500

Dear Loved Ones,

This evening, Friday, November 05, 2004 around 10:00 pm, Dan's soul left his
earthly body.  It was truly and awesome experience.

He woke this morning with complex partial seizures.  We got his medicine
adjusted early in the day and he was very calm and restful the remainder of
the day.   Around 7 pm his breathing began to slow and he began to show
signs of change.  Nancy, Phyllis, Vally, Zac, Carole and I were all there.
Vally and I spent quiet time with him, alternating in prayer, sweeping his
energy up and out, channeling love and light in, and Dan breathed on.  Soon,
the others returned from dinner.  We each  sang, read poetry and prayers,
reiki-ed;  we read a childrens book about what will happen in the next
world.  We whispered words of encouragement and love.  Dan breathed on, more
slowly.  Nancy felt his soul come out and then go back in.  I felt a ball of
sunlight fill my arms and then lift away. Dan glowed with expansive energy.
Dan let a out a whoosh of breath (and I believe, his soul).  He began to
breathe more slowly, more shallowly.  His body had to spend some time
winding down.  Phyllis said "his aura is gone."  His soul filled the room
with love and energy.

We lit a candle, we opened a window.  His soul flew out, and continued to
fill the room.

I know the sorrow will come; tonight, I feel like we accomplished something
palpably sacred.

Dan is at peace.  A teacher for all time.

Thank you all so much for the love you shared with us throughout this
incredible journey.

With abundant love,

Abi and Dan, Zac and Hana

and Phyllis, Vally, Carole and Nancy

Service will be Sunday at 4:00 pm at Rockford Chapel in Yellow Springs

and Glen Forest Cemetary in Yellow Springs

Finally, I am used an older version of this list, please forward this email
to anyone you believe is appropriate.