[yshavurah] [Dead Sea Scrolls Unraveled 1/22 7:00pm]

  • From: David Seitz <david.seitz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Havurah <yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:06:05 -0500

Everyone,
I'm not sure if anyone communicated this announcement. If
this is a repeated message, forgive me, but I thought some
would be interested.

The Zusman Chair in Judaic Studies at Wright State
University presents a
lecture by Dr. Aaron Demsky entitled: Unraveling the Dead
Sea Scrolls.
Dr. Demsky is a professor of biblical history at Bar Ilan
University,
Israel.  He will examine the significance of the enigmatic
scrolls,
especially as they pertain to controversies concerning the
Jewish
calendar.

Prof. Demsky's  lecture on the Dead Sea Scrolls is free and
open to the
public.  It will be held on Thurs. Jan. 22, at 7:00pm in the
"Endeavor"
Room of the Student Union, E156-B, Wright State University.
For further
information contact Professor Mark Verman 937-775-2461.

This is the Wright State Faculty Discussion List.