Re: [yoshimi-user] ccmake and mxml during install

  • From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 20:29:32 +0000

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 20:01:55 +0000
oli_kester <oli_kester@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all

I've been lurking about on this mailing list for a while, now I think I might
need the help!

I'm trying to install Yoshimi 1.1.0 from source, as the version listed in my
ppa is only "0.060.12-1".

When running the ccmake step, I get the error message -

"
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:266
(message):
A required package was not found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:320
(_pkg_check_modules_internal)
CMakeLists.txt:118 (pkg_check_modules)

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:122 (message):
mxml &gt;=2.5 required but not found
"

I've installed mxml from here (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mxml/files/)
to no avail, and anyway the version number listed there is only 0.9.1...
I've seen some Zyn documentation that says mxml is optional. Is this the case
for Yoshimi? Tempted to delete the if statement from CMakeLists.txt!

I'm running 12.04LTS with the suggested improvements for RT audio.

Any help massively appreciated!

Thanks

Oliver

You need mxml for yoshi - I think it's only optional for zyn if you use the
alternative GUI.

I take it that it Ubuntu you're referring to :)

You should really use the package manager for the 'gritty' bits or the more
general 'Synaptic' app which is common to all debian based installs. You will
need to fetch libmxml-dev

dev packages include the headers for other programs to link to.

There is quite a lot more you'll need to install - again mostly dev packages.
Has anyone given you a list of them? I believe there is, or was, a package of
these required bits specially for zyn, which would work for yoshi as well.

Hope this helps.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk