Re: [yoshimi-user] Version 1.0.0 can't start with option --state (research)

  • From: Nikita Zlobin <cook60020tmp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Nikita Zlobin <cook60020tmp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 23:05:11 +0600

В Sat, 6 Apr 2013 22:36:36 +0600
Nikita Zlobin <cook60020tmp@xxxxxxx> пишет:

В Sat, 6 Apr 2013 20:49:42 +0600
Nikita Zlobin <cook60020tmp@xxxxxxx> пишет:

And now it is clear, how short option causes yoshimi crash. I could
run it with short option, written as -S./yoshimi.state (note, there
is no separating space, which today is standard part of such
format).

By the way, before to send last message, i tried with long option
and casually forgot character '=' :)

Possible source of problem.
I see, that yoshimi uses standard parser from gnu, and it is more
likely, that option --state/-S has wrong implementation. I tried to
run without even argument (only -S), and it still runs.

But for option -L (--load-instrument) this trick
doesn't work, because parser itself says:

yoshimi: option requires an argument -- 'L'
Try `yoshimi --help' or `yoshimi --usage' for more information.

I can understand, that was made to get it working without specified
value using default, but sadly this brings wrong syntax.

By the way, by gnu standards long option is allowed to have argument
optional, so i think, there should be normal way to achieve it.

learning docs:
https://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Parsing-Program-Arguments.html#Parsing-Program-Arguments

Parsing of file path itself is also wrong, since with other options ~
works.