Re: [yoshimi-user] New pooter problem

  • From: Will J Godfrey <WillGodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 21:18:59 +0000

On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 12:33:10 -0500
Rob Couto <dbtx11@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

sorry, forgot to 'reply all'

On 11/17/12, Will J Godfrey <WillGodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
music@music:~$ git clone
git://yoshimi.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/yoshimi/yoshimi Cloning into
'yoshimi'... remote: Counting objects: 2126, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (2126/2126), 8.15 MiB | 1.24 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (1263/1263), done.
music@music:~$ cd yoshimi/src
music@music:~/yoshimi/src$ ccmake .

music@music:~/yoshimi/src$ cmake .
-- Building Yoshimi version 0.062-pre8 for Linux

It looks like you're building the master branch, is that what you
wanted? Otherwise, before you ccmake, you'd want to do something like
'git checkout 1.0'. Just a reminder, if you already built once in the
source directory, it'll help to manually remove all the untracked
files listed in 'git status' because the c++ sources for the various
UIs are auto-generated and cmake by design won't regen or delete them
when you 'make clean'. I use a shortcut like:
git status -s | awk '{print $2}' | xargs rm

Hope that helps!

Problem solved - thanks (although I still get a BOOST DIR warning). I don't
know how it got to be pointing to master.

However, this not the whole story. I can get 0.62-pre8 to compile perfectly
with no problems on my old machine. The only differences I know of are that the
old one is running debian squeeze whereas this one is running wheezy.

I would hate it if this branch was allowed to just decay. I could probably have
a look at some of the warning messages myself, but the whole stack of 'not
founds' at the end is beyond me. All the supposedly missing files are in fact
there, which suggests some path entry is missing or corrupted. Where would i
look for this?

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk