Re: [yoshimi-user] MIDI program change and bank change

  • From: Andrew Deryabin <andrewderyabin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 09:53:42 +0000

10.05.2013 22:19, Will J Godfrey пишет:

Unfortunately I can't get this to work.

I have banks set up in my default root bank which is /data/source/yoshi/banks/
0001-{name1}
0002-{name2}
0003-{name3}

All of these have entries starting from 0001 and going higher than 0008

My exact sequence of operations is:
start jack
start patched version of yoshimi
connect audio out
start rosegarden
create segment on ch1 with a few notes starting at the second bar.
on the 3rd beat of the first bar add controller, number 0, value 0
repeat for number 0 again (shouldn't that be 32? - I tried both), value 2
add program change at the same position with a value of 5

when I run Rosegarden's transport I hear the notes in the default voice.

I then tried spacing the control messages out across bar 1 in case there was a
timing problem and so I could see Rosegarden actually sending them. Still no
change.

Where are you sending the log data? I tried running from a terminal window but
saw no messages there.

I have some concerns about the way you implemented this. Yoshi already
'remembers' current bank and current voice.

It should be possible to not bother with the bank messages and just send the
program change to call voices in whatever the current bank is. Are you setting
the current voice? If not, then after using the voice change, if someone then
tries to edit the voice I suspect there will be problems.

Also, changing the bank number should do absolutely nothing except change
the current bank. Separating these two operations reduces possible latency
issues.

Finally, I don't think you should accept short-form numbers, but should insist
of the full four digits. That's just a personal preference - others may
disagree :)

I think there is a problem with bank searching in my patch. I have an idea - could you send me a rosegarden project file which was used for testing? It will help me to find the problem faster :)

P.S. log is writen to yoshimi console: From gui select menu "Yoshimi->Console".