Re: [yoshimi-user] Instruments, Banks & Bank Roots

  • From: Kristian Amlie <kristian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 19:02:49 +0100

First off, sorry for the late reply!

On 14. des. 2014 23:57, Will J Godfrey wrote:

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 16:36:54 +0100
Kristian Amlie <kristian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm still wondering how we can deal with bank root dirs though. Right
now the problem is that if you have two bank dirs (which I do, one for
my own banks, and one for the officials), you cannot add a bank to your
own set without shuffling all the rest of banks in the next root down
one slot. If you have made bank selections from the second root in a
project you will now have to adjust them.

I'm not clear what you're saying here. Are you using a session manager of some
sort that is based on all the banks in all the root dirs?

I think you pretty much caught the important parts in your "Banks &
Roots" email.

I guess you can call it a session manager yes. I have an index of all
available banks (which includes a lot of stuff outside Yoshimi, I use
MIDI filtering to direct the messages to the right synth), which I use
together with a home grown GUI which lets me select what I want to play.
If the bank numbering in Yoshimi changes because a bank is added in the
middle, it becomes out of sync with the information in my GUI.

Continuing the rest of the discussion about MSB/bank roots/MIDI
numbering in the other thread.

--
Kristian