Re: [yoshimi-user] GPU

  • From: Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jonathan E. Brickman" <jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, yoshimi-user <yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 01:40:21 +0100

On 02/01/15 14:16, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:

I took a little look a while ago, and it appears that there are
GPU-based FFTW libraries. I wonder how hard it would be to make a
wrapper which would test for GPU-based at startup and fall back to CPU?

But I'll think that effective use of fftw-wisdom would end up
out-speeding GPU anyhow, because it's all precomputation...

I'm not sure how fft even factors into the realtime/processing thread. Will have a look and get back to you, but I'm pretty sure most of it is buffered.

The effects, I would have to look at each.