Re: [yoshimi-user] Alan Calvert / Cal / graggrag.com

  • From: "Alex Stone" <alexstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "peta calvert" <calvert.peta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 01:41:42 -0600 (MDT)

Peta,
Will said it better than i could, but i'll add your Dad was a "fair dinkum
fella" in the very best sense of the saying. Will's right when he wrote
that Cal had a wry sense of humour that entertained, and inspired us.

Regards,

Alex.

Hi all. I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum, so please moderate
and contact me direct if need be.

I am the daughter of Alan Calvert, who gave his heart and soul to the
yoshimi project. I know that he communicated and worked with a few of you
lot, and whilst many may not have been aware of his health issues, I
wanted
to let you know that he passed away peacefully in early July.

He was so proud of the developments with Yoshimi and would talk about it
with so much pride, particularly when it was used in new and amazing music
projects.

I do hope someone takes it on and keeps with it, so if I can be of any
assistance there please let me know. I'm also happy to hear from anyone
if
they felt the need to make contact.

So from me personally - thank you everyone for giving Dad reasons to keep
this going; it really was beyond important to him and made the difficult
days worth fighting for.

Cheers,
Peta