[yoshimi-user] ccmake and mxml during install

  • From: "david.jo.adler" <david.jo.adler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user <yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 17:01:06 +0200

On 4/8/14, oli_kester wrote:

I actually used "apt-get build-dep yoshimi" on a whim.

Even better, the idea hat there might be an official package for Debian
didn't cross my mind.

Anyway, now I've installed, unfortunately I have no sound. The yellow bars
(midi commands I presume) go up but the blue ones indicating output don't
appear at all. Zyn works fine, and seems to have found the new instrument
banks as well, which is handy. Still, I'm more used to Yoshimi - any ideas?
Perhaps a missing sound library?

Just to keep the test case simple: did you try and use the built-in virtual
keyboard (button 'virKbd' in the top of the main window)?
...and risking to state the obvious -- connections in jack? *ducks and runs*
OK, the latter wouldn't explain the missing blue bars.

best,
-d