[yoshimi] Top Line reorganisation

  • From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 11:18:45 +0000

Following on from the Scale/Keymap thread, I've given this a bit more thought
and would like to consider the following changes:

In the Instrument tab, change the order to:
Show Instruments
Open Instrument
Save Instrument
Show Banks
Show Root Paths

Also remove 'Virtual Keyboard' - It has its own far more obvious button.

In Patch sets remove 'Clear'

In the bar below, move the three existing buttons and add a new 'Reset' one laid
out:

Stop Panel
Reset virKbd

This layout would also enable the buttons to be wider so maybe less compressed
wording! Also I think the new reset button should be red like the stop one is.

Should we go further and have a new top line tab called e.g. 'Show'
with Instruments, Banks & Roots there instead of in the 'Instrument' tab?

Any thoughts/alternatives?

I think this would be easier and more obvious to new users but would it be
too disruptive to existing ones?

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk