[yoshimi] Re: Poliphony

  • From: Manifest Heap <manifest.heap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 21:44:36 +0200

On 4/16/20 9:25 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:

Well Part polyphony is already user configurable from 1 note to 60, with a
default of 20.

Ah... my bad. Then it probably doesn't make much sense to make the overall maximum user configurable.

I see now that a limit is needed because the partnote array is always allocated for all 80 notes (which makes sense to have more predictable timing). Until now I have not yet needed so many notes at the same time, so I have no special preference really.

Yoshimi source code is available from either:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/yoshimi
Or: https://github.com/Yoshimi/yoshimi
To post, email to yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx