[yoshimi] Re: [LAU] Yoshimi Command Line
- From: "Jeanette C." <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2018 20:07:26 +0200 (CEST)
Sep 13 2018, Will Godfrey has written:
Recent work means that in the latest builds some deep access into the synth
engines is now possible with the status of all context steps being echoed to
the prompt line so you know where you are.
However this can get very long, so I'm wondering if it would be better to have
a status line followed by a normal "yoshimi>" prompt. As has already been
pointed out, this would then tend to orphan the last command actioned from the
prompt. Currently, using minimised commands from the top level:
's p add voi env fre on'
The information in the prompt is very helpful, though it could be
slightly reduced by not including the status of certain items. Skip the
"on/off" info in the path. You might also try to shorten the path after
a certain level, by dropping items from the beginning. Personally, I'd
always prefer an informative prompt to a status line above the prompt.
Btw. I love the help system, it's perfect! Very impressive work!
* Website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
* SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jeanette_c
* Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rfGrTwz8W7jhC1Jnv7g
* GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeanette_c_s
I'm reaching out to you
To find that you're not there <3
Yoshimi source code is available from either:
Our list archive is at: https://www.freelists.org/archive/yoshimi
To post, email to yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other related posts: