[yess] Marine, Coastal and Transitional YESS database

  • From: Miguel Inácio <miguel.inacio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 12:27:17 +0200

Dear YESS Community,

The ESP EU 2018 Conference was full of innovative ideas, great research and amazing new connections.

I have attended the Biome Working Group 1 – Marine Waters. In this meeting one question raised was about the dynamics and share of information in the ESP platform for group members. The platform itself is very limited and in fact not much information is flowing in the group, due to mainly busy schedules, other priorities, etc. So, I have suggested that perhaps the YESS community which is working in the Marine, Coastal and Transitional Ecosystem Services sphere could somehow support this ESP Working Group. It was generally said that we could have a representative of YESS in the WG.

In this respect I want to give a first step and try to bring together all the YESS members working on transitional, coastal and marine ES.

So please if you would like to join this database please send an email to: miguel.inacio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:miguel.inacio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

After the initial list we may think about enriching this database with information about the geographical area, specific habitats, biome, species etc. Perhaps also the creation of a google drive where we share papers, research and ask questions.

Wish you all a good week,

Greetings from Germany,

Miguel Inácio

--
Miguel Inácio, PhD Student
Faculty of Marine Technology and Natural Sciences

Leibniz-Institute for Baltic Sea Research (IOW)
Coastal Sea Management & Planning, Coastal and Marine Management Group
Seestrasse 15, D-18119 Rostock, Germany,
Tel. +49 381 5197 394
https://www.io-warnemuende.de/coastal_management.html

SECOS Synthesis: "The Service of Sediments in German Coastal Seas"
website: http://secos.deutsche-kuestenforschung.de/inhalte.html

BONUS BaltCoast Project: “A systems Approach Framework for Coastal Research and
Management in the Baltic”
website: www.baltcoast.net