Re: XY4 in Win7-64/Screen Fonts.

  • From: Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 17:34:13 -0400

Reply to note from Jon P <xywrite4@xxxxxxxxx> Sun, 5 Aug 2012
09:19:06 -0700 (PDT)

Jon:

> Looking through some old posts, I found that XY is supposed to
> be getting Bitstream Speedo fonts from my BTFONTS folder and
> that there are a whole bunch of extra ones here:
>
> http://www.xywrite.com/speedo/index.htm
>
> I grabbed them and now they're all listed under
> F6/Format/Typeface. But changing them doesn't change the screen
> font--it only adds formatting commands.

That's because the Speedos are printing fonts. The only time they
affect the screen is when a document with the appropriate embedded
UF command(s) is displayed in Xy4's WYSIWYG view (func WZ). To
change the fonts in draft view (func WG), you need a font editor
that is capable of loading an alternative screen font that's
compatible with DOSBox's virtualized VGA environment. I have no idea
if such things exist (the font editor or alternative screen fonts);
experienced DOSBoxers will have to weigh in.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx